October '14 • Falling in Love with Sunglasses- Warby Parker x 826


First Outfit: House of Harlow Sunglasses, Forever 21 Necklace and Sweater, American Apparel Skirt and Tights, Vagabond Boots, Coach bag
Second Outfit: ASOS Hat, Ray-ban Sunglasses, &Other Stories Sweater, American Apparel Jeans, T.U.K Creepers

Hello everyone! I am back with a new post today and this one is all about sunglasses! Sure, you might say 'Yujin, it's not summer anymore! Why are you writing a post about sunglasses?', but I was actually inspired to do this by Warby Parker and their newest collaboration with 826NYC and 826LA

Warby Parker has partnered up with 826 National, which is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping students build up their writing skills, and also encourages teachers to support their students' creative interests and imagination. Both 826 and Warby Parker value the power of creativity, reading, and writing, and in honor of this collaboration, Warby Parker decided to create a brand new pair of frames--the Kidd. Each limited edition-frame is engraved with a unique edition number (out 826 pairs...clever!) and is available in optical (link here) , for the NYC branch, and sunglasses (link here), for the LA branch. They are also sponsoring original publications put together by the students: The Review from 826 NYC which features short stories, poems, essays, and Activity Book from 826LA filled with fun prompts and projects for students. The proceeds from the book purchases go back to 826!

I was attracted to this collab because I appreciate what Warby Parker is doing to support a wonderful non-profit devoted to assisting students explore their creativity within the realms of reading and writing. Similar to their unique frame for 826, I put together two outfits unique to my autumn style revolving around some of my favorite pairs of sunnies!

The first outfit is girly and season appropriate with these House of Harlow sunnies. I love knits and corduroy during the fall/winter because it brings forth coziness and warmth just by looking at the material. To top off my knit sweater and corduroy circle skirt, I added a silver coin necklace to give some flare and covered up my legs with the swirly tights. And since I love giving myself some height, I added my favorite Vagabond boots to complete the look!

The second outfit is more boyish and cool with my reflective sunnies from Ray Bans. Although you might think reflective sunglasses are more appropriate for the summer, you can still wear them in the colder months paired with fuzzy knits and darker colors! I wanted to bring out the blue of the sunglasses with my new &Other Stories crew neck sweater and went simple with my bottom with American Apparel jeans. I busted out my creepers for the first time in months now that the weather has cooled down and I am not sweating up a storm wearing them! And I can't forget to plop on a hat to satisfy my on-going hat addiction.  

Let me know what you think of the outfits and check out Warby Parker x 826 Collaboration to support this awesome event! 

xo,

Yujin

Warby Parker x 826: https://www.warbyparker.com/826





36 comments:

  1. Loving both the outfits!

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Ollyvia! You always say the nicest things :)

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute outfit! I love the skirt and your sunglasses :)

    Just found your blog and I'm glad I did. I really like your style! I'm now following you on GFC and Bloglovin.

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    great outfits, love your sunnies!
    new follower here. xoxo
    About women and not only Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are stunning look. Love it.
    Great blog btw. Followed! Follow back, please? :)
    So we can keep supportinf each other <3

    marliafransiska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. really nice outfits :) Thank for your follow, how I promise I'm following you back on GFC and Bloglovin!
    lets keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures and I adore this look so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your look :)
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC and bloglovin?

    www.bezauberndenana.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute outfit selection dear. say would you like to follow each other? =) just let me know on my blog. hugs http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowoww!! both your outfits are fantastic! i cant choose someone! love bothe of them!! im following you from now on via gfc!! i would be very happy if you could visit mine and follow me too! kisses!:)

    www.fashionizein.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your outfit is elegant and cosy at the same time and perfect for fall!

    Thank you for your pleasant comment on my blog. I checked your blog with the result: I like it!

    I would like to follow you on gfc and/or bloglovin. It would be great if you come back to my blog to follow me – then I will follow you immediately back.

    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute outfits!!
    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous outfits, I love both sweaters and that silver necklace is so pretty! <3

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the outfit and photos are gorgeous!

    Please let me know if you would be interested in following eachother on GFC and Bloglovin.Would love to stay in contact.

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete